Week One: My Theme

The theme I chose resonated with me because I enjoy the beach and bright colors. The orange color on the sides really makes everything pop and the header image is simple. Orange, yellow, and pink are my favorite colors because they evoke happiness and sunshine, so I wanted my theme to show that which is why I chose the orange color. 

Everything I do is simple. I truly believe there is beauty in simplicity, which is why I chose this theme. The contemporary look speaks to me on a personal level. I am also a straightforward person, so I wanted my posts to be directly displayed on the homepage. I had a blog in the past and I had my posts on a separate page and I came to realize that I didn't like that, so I decided to try something different this time around. 

Overall, I am very happy with my theme, and I think it reflects who I am as a person. Will I change it moving forward, who knows, but right now it is just right. 

Social media is a tricky thing because what is right and what is wrong varies by the person you're talking to about it. For me, I think the best social media platforms for personal use are really any of them. Typically on Twitter, people are more sarcastic and post witty tweets, whereas on Facebook people are more formal because most young people use it to keep family members up to date. Instagram is all about showing off your best self because of the culture of Influencers.  Social media is about being social with people, so any of the platforms work for personal use. 

The best platforms for business use are Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. Facebook allows businesses to post more in-depth posts whereas Twitter and Instagram are meant to be a bit more snappy. Twitter allows a business to post information quicker since that is what the platform is about. Business, now, only have 270 characters to get a point across, so being concise is key. For more personal posts, businesses can turn to Instagram. Visuals are a great way to keep people engaged in posts because love to look at things. Instagram allows a business to post photos of products, feature a behind-the-scenes look at something, and put a face to the brand. 

LinkedIn works great for both personal and business use. For personal use, it is a great way to make connections with people in your field you wouldn't normally meet, especially right now where everything is virtual. From a business perspective, LinkedIn is a great place to post about how your company is doing, what you are up to, and gives potential employees an inside look at how the company works. 

All in all, deciding which social media platforms are right for you or business is up to you because of not all work for everyone. 

Comments

  1. I have heard of this LinkedIn ever since I started school for business and still haven't created one. Is it easy to get into and understand, if so how useful is it to you since you have started.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's super easy, Chase! There are different rabbit holes you can fall into on the site, if you really want to get super specific about what you do/are professionally. I've connected with many great business partners on the site!

      Delete
  2. Hi Cara!

    I totally love the painting feel of your background image. It looks like my favorite flower, the Bird of Paradise, to me. Great job bringing up Linkedin. I had forgotten that platform in my response on my blog. It's a very useful social media tool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right when I went onto your blog I felt that you were a bright and happy person. I think you did an amazing job at provoking that with the simple yet cheerful colors. Linkin is so great for a community builder, I so agree!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the colors you chose on this theme as well. Bright and happy. I like the simple clean layout of this theme as well. The image you chose as the header background combined with the color scheme feels almost Caribbean to me, which again is happy. Looking forward to your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cara!

    I almost chose this theme as well :) I love the bright colors, they immediately attract you and I think that is such an important concept in marketing and creating something that stands out.

    Simplicity is great, I see that you are a very straight forward person which I love. I think that is a great character trait in communicating and creativity. I forgot about Linkedin and definitely need to make a new one since I deleted mine a long time ago, thank you for the reminder!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2B: Business Research

Week 9: Blogging